“Boundless Compassion．Solidarity in Action” COVID-19 Response Programme
Po Leung Kuk extends the “Boundless Compassion．Solidarity in Action” COVID-19 Response Programme to support the needs of the underprivileged in post-pandemic era
The underprivileged groups are hard-pressed by the severe financial and livelihood burdens under the pandemic. Anti-pandemic work in Hong Kong has now entered the post-pandemic era, the livelihood problems will need a longer time to resolve and recover due to the continued economic hardship. Many grassroots families are facing drastic income shortfalls and difficulties in coping with daily expenses due to underemployment or unemployment. Your donation today will give the underprivileged groups the support they need to combat the crisis and get back on their feet.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, Po Leung Kuk has launched the “Boundless Compassion．Solidarity in Action” COVID-19 Response Programme, benefitting nearly 170,000 service attendances to receive timely assistance over the past year.
Programme highlight video to express our deepest gratitude for the kind support from all walks of life
In response to the daily needs of the underprivileged amid the pandemic, the Kuk extends the programme and expands its scope of services to support the vulnerable needy to its largest extent. The beneficiaries include young children, students, families, the disabled and the elderly; with service coverage spans across food assistance, medical and learning support. Emergency fund is newly added to provide up to HK$6,000 instant funding for each eligible applicant to ease their immediate needs on living expenses.
Support now to tide over the difficult times with our grassroots community, every donation of HK$350 will help a low-incomed, unemployed or needy to receive hot meal coupons/ hot meals for a week. Your generous donation will enable the Kuk to strive to our best in providing flexible and multi-faceted services to serve the needy.
Assistance programmes include*：
- Provide up to HK$6,000 emergency financial assistance to cope with the living, academic and medical needs
- Service Targets: Person/ Family suffering from sudden financial hardship (e.g. unemployment, underemployment etc.) or facing particular difficulties
- Deliver hot meal coupons
- Distribute hot meals through Po Leung Kuk Community Canteens
- Service Targets: Eligible students and their families of the Kuk’s affiliated schools and service units, the elderly, the disabled and jobless needy
- Carry out free Chinese medicine treatment programme in over 30 service spots for two months, including free consultation fee and three-day medication
- Free body check service
- Free dental check service
- Service Targets: Eligible students and their families, elders aged 60 or above
(Maximum two free Chinese medicine treatments, one free body check service and one free dental check service)
- Subsidize book coupons to alleviate the financial burden of study for families of students in kindergartens, primary, secondary and special schools
- Service Targets: Eligible families of students of the Kuk’s affiliated schools and service units
Po Leung Kuk looks forward to the growing influx of diverse resources and income, enabling the above assistance programmes to further expand in all dimensions and reach more beneficiaries. All administrative expenses of this programme are sponsored by the Kuk’s Board of Directors, ensuring every dollar you donate will go directly to our service recipients.
Please support our “Boundless Compassion．Solidarity in Action” COVID-19 Response Programme now to tide over the difficult times with the grassroots families. Every donation of HK$350 will help a low-incomed, unemployed or needy to receive hot meal coupons/ hot meals for a week. Your benevolent contributions will enable the Kuk to implement diversified services to support the needy to get back on their feet.
Corporate support to overcome the pandemic together
Po Leung Kuk appeal to all corporate friends to join us in tiding over the difficult times with the underprivileged. Once the pandemic has subsided, corporates are most welcomed to join our voluntary services and bring their kindness to the underprivileged into action. Corporates are cordially invited to walk together with Po Leung Kuk by generous donations, volunteer services or in-kind sponsorships. For collaborative arrangements, please contact 2277 8105 or email at [email protected] for more details.
Shun Tak Holdings
Corporate volunteers from Shun Tak Holdings has made some handwritten cards with children’s drawings, which filled with their blessing and encouraging words to the needy; together with the handwoven bags, to convey positive vibes and kindness to the underprivileged. The cards and bags were delivered with food, soup packs and warm clothes, wishing to warm both the hearts and stomachs of the grassroots and the needy during the pandemic winter.
Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited
As a long-term partner of Po Leung Kuk, Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited (“BOCHK”) has made an instant donation of HK$1 million amid the pandemic, enabling the Kuk to hand out anti-epidemic supplies to the needy in a timely manner. BOCHK had also recruited volunteers in two consecutive years to show support and care to grassroots families and the elderly. This year, volunteers from BOCHK prepared food packs with DSE candidates from the Kuk’s affiliated schools and distributed to grassroots families together. Volunteers from BOCHK also took the occasion to share latest information of the job market to the students as a life planning session, helping students in preparing themselves for studies and career development in future.
1) For details and application of the assistance programmes, please call the enquiry hotline at 2277 8198. For enquiry about donations, please contact our Fund Raising Department at 2277 8237
2) Donations above HK$10,000 will be acknowledged on the programme website and in our newsletter “PLK Life”
3) Receipt will be issued to any donation of HK$100 or above
2. BoC Pay
For donation receipt, please input the name on the receipt and mailing address at the message box, then capture the transaction record to whatsapp number 9145 1056 (Po Leung Kuk Fund-raising Department)
4. Scan and donate via QR Code of Faster Payment System (FPS)
6. Donate via banks / 7-Eleven
Please direct deposit your donation to the following Po Leung Kuk bank accounts or settle the payment at any 7-Eleven stores, and mail the original receipt to “Po Leung Kuk Fundraising Department, 10/F, Vicwood K.T. Chong Building, 66 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong”. Please write your name, contact number and indicate “Boundless Compassion．Solidarity in Action” COVID-19 Response Programme upon the receipt.
HSBC A/C No.：002-239564-006
Hang Seng Bank A/C No.：262-191166-001
Bank of China (Hong Kong) A/C No.：012-875-00206767
Shanghai Commercial Bank A/C No.：32882-18927-8
DBS Bank (Hong Kong) A/C No.：016-494-470155920
Bank of Communications A/C No.：382-545-93067706