Skip to main content

Social Services

Donate Now!


Social Services

Although walking and other physical training exercises are an important part of an overall treatment programme, the scope of physiotherapy services is of a wide range and includes many other options, including shockwave therapy, electrotherapy, cryotherapy, hydrotherapy and clinical pilates.

Parents who wish to enrol their children to K1 classes in KGs joining the Scheme (Scheme-KGs) are required to apply to EDB for the Registration Certificate for KG Admission” (hereafter referred to as “RC”) from September to November 2023. If a Scheme-KG is approved to collect a tuition fee upon receipt of Government subsidies, parents should pay the tuition fee by monthly instalments. The amount of tuition fee per instalment (if applicable) and the number of instalments are shown on the “Fees Certificate” issued by EDB to the KG.

(Source: Education Bureau)


  Registration Certificate for KG Admission

Yes. You can apply for the KCFRS if the subsidy from PEVS is inadequate to cover the tuition fee and your family is still under difficult financial circumstances.



Kindergarten & Child Care Centre Fee Remission Scheme (KCFRS) 



Po Leung Kuk provides a variety of services for working parents and families in need.

  • Po Leung Kuk provides a variety of services for working parents and families in need.

    You can apply in person at the Creche. You can also download the application form and send to the Day Creche. Please contact our Day Crèches for more details.

  • 2 to 6 years old: Kindergarten

    You can apply for this service if your child is over 12 months old. Please bring your child for a visit, and applications can be done then (please also bring a copy of their birth certificate).

    You can also visit our website and download the application form and then forward it to the school. Please contact our kindergartens for more details.

The monthly fees of our day crèches are approved by the Social Welfare Department and are adjusted annually.  Please contact the day crèche directly. We provide baby formula, mattress and quilts. 

There are no other expenses, and if necessary, parents can apply for the Financial Assistance Scheme from the Student Financial Assistance Agency. Please contact the crèches directly for more details.

The school fees for our kindergartens are paid monthly for 12 months per year . School fees are approved by the Education Bureau.  Please contact the kindergarten directly for more information. We will provide a mattress, a quilt, and activity books.

Parents who have financial difficulties can also apply for the Financial Assistance Scheme from the Student Financial Assistance Agency.

No fee is charged for residential respite and extended service, except for outdoor activities.

In order to provide quality care services to the children, the staff-student ratio in PLK's kindergarten-cum-nursery is 1:11.


Link to Child Care Service

Parents can contact the Medical Social Services Units or Integrated Family Service Centres of the Social Welfare Department directly for services. Please contact us for more details or refer to the Manual of Procedures for CRSRehab-PS (12/2006)  (

The monthly fee of Special Child Care Centre is $354 and it is governed by the Social Welfare Department.


Special Child Care Centres/ Early Education & Training Centres

We also offer different types of special child care and education and training services.  Please contact us at 2479 1901 for more details.

Parents can first approach a school social worker about their concerns. The social worker can recommend appropriate services according to the needs of the student. From our past experience, individual counselling as well as talks, group work sessions and workshops on specific topics such as parent-child communication, effective disciplining skills and family volunteer projects can help parents build their knowledge and skills in parenting.

We provide residential care services for children and young people. We are a multi-faceted charity organization and provide many other services.

To ensure our residents can maintain their family relationships, we actively encourage them to take home leave during the holidays.

Service recipients of our vocational rehabilitation services are not the employees of Po Leung Kuk. They receive training allowance and performance reward based on their work and performance.

Occupational Therapy is rehabilitative therapy for people with temporary, permanent or developmental disabilities. Occupational therapists aim to enhance physical functioning, facilitate independent living, improve the quality of life for people with disabilities, and promote their reintegration into the community, through various therapeutic activities.

The following are the most typical symptoms of persons with dementia.  If you notice any of your family members showing some of these symptoms, please consult your family doctor:

  1. Memory impairment especially short term memory affecting self-care abilities. 
  2. Difficulty in performing familiar tasks. 
  3. Difficulty in expressing ideas and communicate with others.
  4. Disorientation towards time, place and person. 
  5. Poor or decreased ability in making decision or judgment. 
  6. Problems in abstract thinking and calculation.
  7. Misplacing things. 
  8. Moody and fluctuation on emotion.
  9. Changes in personality. 
  10. Loss of initiative.


(1) Hong Kong Alzheimer’s Disease Association-

(2) Jockey Club Centre for Positive Ageing - Knowing Dementia(Chinese version only)

No. A student may be keeping regular contact with their school social worker for assistance and guidance beyond the short-term not because they have problems. They might also just be on the developmental learning curve, seeking advice for difficult choices or simply providing the school social worker with feedback on a topic they have been discussing.

Clinical Psychology Services are directed at preventing and managing emotional and mental conflicts, as well as behavioural problems. Examples include excessive anxiety, phobias, depression, eating and weight control problems, developmental issues, identity crises, psychosexual dysfunction, family and relationship problems, personality disturbances, early psychosis, drug abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc. 

(Quoted from Division of Clinical Psychology, The Hong Kong Psychological Society Ltd.)

If you suspect that your child is having speech or language difficulties, you can:

  • Contact the child's teachers concerned and seek their advice.
  • Visit your family doctor and request a referral by a registered doctor to the Child Assessment Centre of the Department of Health for a speech and language assessment.
  • Find a qualified Speech Therapist for a standard speech and language assessment.

No. All applications for residential child care services (and ordinary foster care services) must be assessed and referred to PLK by the Social Welfare Department or the welfare units of other non-governmental welfare organizations.