|Introduction||The Kuk was entrusted by the Environmental Protection Department to operate the “Eastern Community Green Station” and “Sham Shui Po Community Green Station” under the “Community Green Station” project. In line with the government’s “reduction first” waste management strategy, the Community Green Stations provide comprehensive logistics support and waste separation services for recycling. In addition, through versatile environmental protection activities, residents are encouraged to actively take part in waste reduction and recycling, so as to constantly promote the message of “use less, waste less” and instil a green living culture in the community. |
“Sham Shui Po Community Green Station”: Mei Foo, Lai Chi Kok, Cheung Sha Wan,
Sham Shui Po, Shek Kip Mei, Yau Yat Chuen and Kowloon Reclamation Area
“Eastern Community Green Station”: From Siu Sai Wan to Victoria Park
|Target Group||Housing estates, schools, organisations, community groups in the district and the public |
Opening Hours of outdoor venues and recycling facilities: 8am - 8pm daily
Office operating hours: 8am - 6pm daily
* Closed for 12 days per year, please consult the staff in advance.
|Scope of Service|
Environmental Educational Service
- Organise diversified environmental educational activities to organisations, schools, community groups in the district and the public to promote the message of “reduce waste at source, upcycling, reuse and recycling”.
- Train up Community Conservation Volunteers to create a green Sham Shui Po together.
- Provide a collaboration platform to engage stakeholders in the community, in order to expand the coverage in environmental education and recycling.
Recycling Supporting Service
- Bring in line with the recycling policy of the Environmental Protection Department and offer one-stop recycling community support service to stakeholders.
- Install recycling bins in the Station to assist residents in waste separation and recycling.
- Set up recycling bins in fixed locations of the housing estates in the district, and deploy collection vehicles to collect recyclables on a regular basis.
- Provide mobile recycling services at designated times and venues at the housing estates in the district.
- Connect residents of single-block buildings to mobile recycling services by setting up public place collection points in the district.
- Assist elderly and needy with on-site recycling service.
- Encourage residents to adopt recycling measures through incentive schemes.
- Offer free venue rental to the organisations in the community for organising various environmental events.
- Set up environmental educational facilities, exhibitions and all sorts of recycling equipments.
- Supply a green recreational space for clean recycling experience to the public, in order to integrate recycling practice into their daily life.
|Fee||Free of charge|
|Application Procedure||Open Application|
|Contact Details||“Eastern Community Green Station”||“Sham Shui Po Community Green Station”|
|Address: 30 Oi Shun Road, Shau Kei Wan|
Tel: 2778 2330
Fax: 2778 2782
Email: [email protected]
Address: 339 Tung Chau Street, Sham Shui Po
Tel: 2522 4388
Fax: 2522 4500
Email: [email protected]