Skip to main content

District-based Speech Therapy Service

Donate Now!


Starting from August 2002, subvented by the Social Welfare Department, the Kuk formed two District-based Speech Therapy Service Teams to provide quality and comprehensive speech therapy services to children enrolled in Integrated Programme in Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres, also to provide professional consultation to parents and child care centre staff.



  • Periodic clinical visits to kindergarten-cum-child care centres
  • Individual and group speech therapy training to children in need
  • Periodic review on the progress of training programs
  • Consultation to parents and child care centre staff, loan service of relevant training materials and organization of educational programmes



  • The teams provide outreaching service to the participating KG-cum-CCCs.
  • Speech therapists adopt an interactive training mode to facilitate children's verbal output in order to achieve various training goals effectively.
  • Provide consultation and educational trainings to parents and child care centre staff.



  • District-based Speech Therapy Service Team I covers Wong Tai Sin (Chuk Yuen, Diamond Hill & Tsz Wan Shan are not included), Ma Tau Wai, Kowloon City, Hung Hom, Kwun Tong, Ngau Tau Kok, Kowloon Bay, Kai Yip, Ping Shek for 28 kindergarten-cum-child care centres.
  • District-based Speech Therapy Service Team II covers Shatin, Ma On Shan, Diamond Hill, Tsz Wan Shan, Chuk Yuen for 24 child care centres.


Children enrolled in Integrated Programme in Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centre, their parents and child care centre staff

Service Boundary of District-based Speech Therapy Team



Free of charge.



Application for service is not required. Referrals to the teams can be made through the rehabilitation service referral system of Social Welfare Department and the participating KG-cum-CCCs.



If children are leaving the Integrated Programme in Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres, referrals will be made according to their needs. Also, parents or guardians can request the withdrawal of our service by contacting our staff.