1. The Wang Family Charity Fund is established in the financial year of 2016 – 2017 with the donation of ten million dollars from the Wang’s family.
2. In view of the predicament of the disadvantaged in Hong Kong, donors establish the fund with the wish to provide emergency financial assistance and enhance the living standard of the families, especially the elderly and children, who are in lack of support or in crisis.
Scope and amount to be granted
1. Target beneficiaries should be elders (aged 60 or above) in need of financial support identified by Po Leung Kuk from its Elderly or Rehabilitation service units, and should meet any of the following criteria when submitting an application:
(a) Elders who have been diagnosed with a major critical illness, such as cancer, stroke, mild to severe dementia and who also require curative and rehabilitative care. Beneficiaries may be entitled to a maximum of $10,000 for each application.
(b) Frail elders who require end-of-life care and/or palliative care to relieve the symptoms, pain and stress of their illness. Provision of grief and bereavement care that directly address the psychosocial sequelae experienced by their caregivers. Beneficiaries may be entitled to a maximum of $8,000 for each application.
(c) Elders who want to turn their “dreams” into real possibilities. Lifelong learning brings happiness, wellbeing and a connection to the community. Beneficiaries may be entitled to a maximum of $2,000 for each application.
(d) Elders in sudden crisis and in need of hot meal service. Beneficiaries may be entitled to a maximum of 6 days per week with 3 meals a day for 4 weeks.
(e) Elders who lack family support and need enhancement of home safety and environment. Home refurbishment, basic furniture and rehabilitation equipment can be provided. Beneficiaries may be entitled to a maximum of $8,000 for each application.
2. Service users of Po Leung Kuk Child Residential Services and Child Care Services, who are 18 or under and with deprived family background
(a) To visit private specialists for consultation and medication, which helps applicants to avoid missing the golden time of treatment in times of queuing for public medical services. Beneficiaries may be entitled to a maximum of $10,000 for each application.
(b) To support children with special needs such as Autism and ADHD to join therapeutic group and training, which aims to enhance their adaptation in daily lives and learning. Beneficiaries may be entitled to a maximum of $5,000 for each application.
3. Service users of the Po Leung Kuk Social Service Department, aged 18 or above, who are in personal or family crisis and unable to uphold basic living. Beneficiaries may be entitled to a maximum of $8,000 for each application.
4. Each beneficiary is entitled to every single aspect of financial assistance mentioned above once every 2 years.
Hong Kong residents
Referred by registered social workers of the Po Leung Kuk Social Service Department, or referred by the Po Leung Kuk Social Service Units
Address: 66 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong